Are you prepared to become a supervisor?
Do you know what characteristics are needed to become a supervisor?
Signs of Readiness
- You love to share your knowledge, and other people lock to you for advice when they have problems at work.
- It is satisfying to see others learn & succeed.
- You have an understanding of the company as a whole. You can see how the different departments work together.
- If someone is excited about their job, so are you.
- You’re willing to bridge the gap between employee and senior management and you want to be more focused in that role.
Signs of Not Ready
- It annoys you to see other people arrive late to talk or mess around, so you want to be the manager to stop them from doing it.
- You don’t like other people doing things differently than you do. You think there’s only one right way to do everything. You want a managerial role to tell your team how to do things.
- You want the power that management positions give you.
- You want to be a manager because managers are better paid.
- You like to make rules & make sure others follow them.